The beaches of Normandy
The 10 most beautiful beaches in Normandy
- The Jonville beach : less than 5 km from our Manche bord de mer campsite, north of Saint-Vaast, the Jonville beach seduces with its southern exposure, unique in the Manche. A beach bar built in a former blockhouse has been ranked by the Guardian as one of the 10 best beach bars in France. From its terrace as well as from the 8 km of fine sand, you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the island of Tatihou: a real paradise!
- Beaches of Barfleur : 11 km from the campsite, the town of Barfleur, classified as one of the Most Beautiful Villages in France, is also home to a few beaches. The Masse beach, in a conch shell, has a particularly beautiful setting.
- Anse du brick: in Fermanville, less than 25 km from our campsite Normandie seaside, the anse du Brick is a small bay which shelters a heavenly beach of fine sand and pebbles, in an exceptional natural setting. Sheltered from the wind, it is ideal for an afternoon of swimming and relaxation with the family.
- Beaches of Cherbourg : less than 30 km from the campsite la Gallouette, Cherbourg offers two fine sandy urban beaches ideal for resting after a visit to the city, but also an amazing green beach, a vast expanse of grass facing the port, ideal for lazing around as well as for outdoor games.
- Utah Beach : 30 km from Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue, Utah Beach is one of the five Normandy beaches marked by the Allied landings of June 44, and one of the most famous with Omaha Beach. A museum is present on the site. A place steeped in history, Utah Beach is nonetheless a site suitable for swimming and leisure activities. Discover all the landing beaches.
- Barneville-Carteret beach : 48 km from the campsite la Gallouette, the Barneville beach faces the island of Jersey and offers a breathtaking view of Cap Carteret.
- Urville-Nacqueville Plage: 40 km from Saint-Vaast, the beach of Urville-Nacqueville in the Hague has several times been crowned the most beautiful in Normandy and even in France. The colour of its water, its two kilometres of fine sand and its wild coastline make it an idyllic site.
- Siouville-Hague beach: a renowned surfing and kitesurfing spot, Siouville-Hague beach nestles in the Vauville cove 50 km from Saint-Vaast. Ideal for surfing enthusiasts!
- Lindbergh-Plage: less than 50 km from the port of Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue, the large Lindbergh beach in Saint-Lô-d’Ourville pays tribute to the aviator Charles Lindbergh. Its wild character will appeal to lovers of nature and wide open spaces.
- Cabourg beach: the romantic beach of Cabourg is less than 2 hours away from La Gallouette. Not to be missed on a day trip to Calvados.
Water sports activities in Normandy
From family boat trips to sensational sports, fishing and sand yachting, the Channel and its beaches offer a wide range of water sports and activities.
Just 200 m from the campsite La Gallouette, Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue is the port of departure of the picturesque amphibious boat that will take you ashore on the island of Tatihou: an opportunity for a pleasant family boat trip. The bay of Saint-Vaast can also be discovered on board an old sailing ship for a relaxing cruise or a fishing trip.
The beach of Jonville, facing south, is the ideal spot for swimming and for the practice of many water sports: sea kayaking, kitesurfing or windsurfing, according to your desires. The nautical centre of the bay of Saint-Vaast offers introductory courses in catamaran sailing, water trekking trips, Optimist sessions for children, or schooner cruises. Stand Up Paddle boats can also be hired. The wide retreat of the sea at low tide also allows the practice of sand yachting.
Campsite Normandy seaside, near the Port of Saint-Vaast
Ideally located 200 metres from the charming port of Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue, the campsite La Gallouette enjoys an exceptional environment by the sea, sheltered from the prevailing westerly winds.
Our establishment also has quick access to the beach of La Hougue. There are children’s games and tennis courts, sanitary facilities, large green areas as well as a bar-snack bar for eating. The shallow water is ideal for children to swim in. In addition, the tides provide a pleasant temperature.
At low tide, the sea retreats far out onto the sandy beach, making the place particularly suitable for fishing on foot.
Accessible in five minutes on foot via a pedestrian path and the seafront dyke or cycle path with a view of the sea, the Hougue beach offers a magnificent panorama of the Vauban fort on the ile Tatihou and the Hougue peninsula.
For a change from the pretty beach of La Hougue and to enjoy a stroll along the port of Saint-Vaast in passing, you can get there on foot in just over 10 minutes and by bike in 3 minutes. La Gallouette is the ideal destination for a relaxing campsite holiday with your feet in the water. On the other side of the harbour, the Petite Plage is 900m away.
Surrounded by beaches and walks along the sea, the camping La Gallouette offers a unique setting for your holiday in the Cotentin. Beach games, fishing on foot, swimming and water sports await you daily. During your stay, you can also visit the Mont Saint Michel, the Côte de Nacre and the Anglo-Norman islands like Guernsey!