The GR 223 in Lower Normandy
Make the most of your camping holidays in La Manche to hike the GR 223: from the landing beaches to Mont-Saint-Michel, from Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue to the Pointe de Barfleur via the Gatteville lighthouse. This long-distance footpath is much appreciated by walkers for its breathtaking scenery along the Normandy coast. The sea is omnipresent on this hiking trail and the changing scenery offers a different spectacle every minute…
Discovering the famous « Sentier des Douaniers » (Customs Trail)
If you like hiking, camping La Gallouette is the ideal destination for a walk along the seaside, through the bocage, pastures and market gardening .
After putting on your walking shoes, you are ready to explore the north-eastern tip of the Cotentin on the GR 223. From the campsite, you can go directly on beautiful walks through the Val de Saire, from Saint Vaast la Hougue to Barfleur. For the more experienced, you can go as far as Cherbourg by following the coast through Fermanville.
Our Normandy campsite is located on the GR223 route itself. On the programme of your camping holiday in Normandy: visit the fishing port of Saint-Vaast, the towers of the Fort de la Hougue and the island of Tahitou accessible on foot at low tide, the church of Montfarville, the picturesque little fishing port of Barfleur, the Gatteville lighthouse at the tip of Barfleur, the cove of Brick, the bay of Cherbourg, Port Racine, La Hague…
Some ideas for hiking tours
- The Gatteville lighthouse – Gatteville: 1.8 km
- Gatteville – Barfleur: 2.7 km
- Barfleur – Gatteville lighthouse: 3,4 km
- Saint Vaast – Pointe de Saire / Jonville beach : 5.4 km
- St Vaast la Hougue – Quinéville : 13 km
- Saint Vaast la Hougue – Barfleur : 13,3 km
- Gatteville Lighthouse – Anse de Brick: 20.5 km
Consult more information about the many hiking trails of the GR223 around Saint Vaast and in the Manche at the reception of your Normandy campsite.
- A package specially made for you on a camping pitch: « Cyclo-rando ». Put down your tent and camp at La Gallouette, without making a detour, directly on the GR223 and take advantage of all the services of the campsite at an advantageous rate.
- Accommodation to rent for 2 nights (in low season), for a longer and restful stopover before returning to the GR.
- The 4* campsite La Gallouette is a partner of La Malle Postale, a luggage carrying service for your luggage during your hike in the Cotentin region.